1. Will there be any staff to pick me up at the airport?
If you've chose the pick-up and drop-off service, there will be a staff to pick you up at any time. The airport-pickup person will hold a card with your name on it. Hangzhou's airport is Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport. If you want to go on your own, you can also take airport bus and railway train.
2. Is there any staff to take me to the airport after the project?
If you've chose the pick-up and drop-off service, You can take a city bus to the airport. Or If you need us to provide airport drop-off service, please inform our staff, we will take you there. If you want to go on your own, you can also take airport bus and railway train.
3. Can I take our country's currency to China? What kinds of bank cards work in China? To avoid any inconvenience, please prepare USD or Euros, which can be exchanged at any airports and most of the local banks. If you have RMB, that would be perfect. You can use cards with Visa, Master, and Union Pay functions.
4. What about accommodation? You will live at private bedrooms at host family, volunteer home, or local hostels, with hot water, air-conditioners, and WIFI.
5. Do I need to buy a local SIM card? If you have international services on your phone, you won't have to buy. You can also buy a local mobile phone card as China's card is not expensive to make international calls.
6. Can I log in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Skype etc. in China?
In China, there is Great Firewall that blocks many international pages like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Skype, Google etc. But we can provide you VPN (Virtual Private Network) that can skip the wall and open any websites around the world.
7. Is Hangzhou safe for travelers?
China is ranked as one of the safest country to travel. And Hangzhou is one of the cities in China with lowest crime rates. But please exercise common sense when travel: keep your personal belongings with you, and look out traffic lights when crossing the street.
8. How to book the program? How to pay program fees?
You can leave a message on the "Contact Us" page or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 2 or 3 days. If you are admitted, you need to pay 200 USD (part of your program fees) through PayPal or Alipay at least a month before your arrival. This fee can be refunded until 15 days before your program start date. When you arrive in China, you need to pay the rest of the total program fees through preferably cash or bank cards with Visa, Master, or Union Pay label.
9. Are flights and Chinese visa included?
No. You have to book flights and apply for China visa for yourselves. We will assist you with information about applying for visa but you need to apply it through China's embassy in your residence country. Here is a how-to-apply example provided by the embassy of China in the U.S. http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/hrsq/